JK LIM Advocates & Solicitors
Messrs JK LIM is a boutique law firm with its office strategically located within the golden triangle of Petaling Jaya, just outside the capital city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Recently, the Firm was chosen as the winner of the prestigious 2016 Corporate INTL Legal Award for ‘Emerging Boutique Law Firm of the Year in Malaysia’ by the UK based magazine. The Firm was also chosen as the winner of the ‘Emerging Boutique Law Firm of the Year in Malaysia - 2015’ by Global Law Experts, an international legal publication.
The Firm’s specialised areas of practice include the following:
• Bankruptcy & Insolvency
• Building Contracts, Construction & Arbitration
• Commercial Contracts (software, agency, distribution, talent management, joint venture)
• Corporate (shareholders, directors & partnership)
• Commercial (insurance, sale of goods)
• Defamation (libel, slander, media & online defamation)
• Employment & Labour
• General & Professional Negligence
• Injunctions (anton piller orders, interlocutory, mareva & fortuna injunctions)
• Intellectual Property (trademark, copyright & confidential information)
• Information Technology
• Land and Tenancy
• Tort (trespass, assault, battery)
• Trusts, Wills, Probate & Administration of Estate
The Firm has advised and represented many foreign multi-national corporations, key industry players in Malaysia and prominent individuals. In the dispute resolution area of practice, in a recent case handled by the Firm which was reported in the Malayan Law Journal, our counsel successfully argued at the Court of Appeal in which the appellate court remarkably reversed the judgment of the High Court in a complex claim for breach of trust by a beneficial owner of shares in a company against a nominee shareholder.
As for the commercial area of practice, the Firm’s lawyers have worked on and reviewed a wide range of commercial agreements including leasing agreements, hire purchase agreements, machine sale agreements, management agreements, distributorship agreements, software development agreements, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements and an ICT support and maintenance services agreement between a global leader in telecommunications technology (with more than 100,000 employees worldwide) with a service provider relating to the sale of telecommunication solutions.
The Firm prides itself as a professional law firm that provides top-notch legal advice and excellent service. It strives to uphold its tagline, "Legal Solutions Made Simple" to all its clients.
+60 (3) 7728-4100